The Intern Videographer is responsible for filming TAFF-specific events during the festival. The Videographer must have the video equipment and experience necessary to capture interviews and b-roll in crowded and changing environments. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a film festival environment, passionate about the film industry and will bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work.
- Complete all filming duties related to film festival event segment from concept to completion. This includes the transportation, setup, and operation of all necessary video, audio, and lighting equipment.
- Produce accurate, high-quality work.
- Measure time against output to provide key insight into production process efficiency.
- Media Student or College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience shooting and editing videos.
- Owning a DSLR or Professional film camera is a plus.
- Experience working in a media team environment is a plus.
- Basic understanding of professional audio and lighting for interviews.
- Detail oriented with superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Exemplary organization skills.
- Strong ability to work without compromise under tight deadlines.
- Highly enthusiastic, can-do attitude, and creative mind.
- Positive outlook.
- Mileage reimbursement
- Résumé building experience in marketing and communications, relationship management, and other aspects of community relations, marketing, and the film industry
- Great opportunity to learn about what happens behind the scenes of a year-round cinema and an African film festival
- Class credit (if applicable)
- All-Access to the film festival and two tickets for family or friends.
Job Type: Internship